Hannah is a printmaker who creates linocuts, carving new ones weekly, that are inspired by everyday life and living in North Yorkshire. Her focus is creating linocuts that can be printed as pieces of wall art and as surface pattern designs for everyday items,(ceramics, tea towels, wallpaper, fabrics).
Hannah’s current work is focused on things that she has seen or collected when out and about on early mornings. She works seasonally and does more composition work during the darker months and winter’s project is a series of linocuts that give insight into the personal lives of people by what they have on the desk spaces.
Thornton Le Dale.
£15.00 - £140
Hazelgarth is situated on the right hand side of Westgate close to the bottom. An open studio sign will be outside to identify the studio. The studio is located round the back of the property in the garden.
The parking is on the street.
There is a step up to the property, 3 steps to access the garden area and then a step up into the studio.
Ramps will be available upon request.
There are toilets in Thornton Le Dale situated at the lake carpark. There is a toilet at the property but no disabled toilet available.
The experience of visiting my studio will allow people to immerse themselves into the lino printing process by:
- Printing station set up to have a go to create own mini prints.
- Explanations of the process with booklets to accompany and opportunities to sign up to lino printing sessions.
- Various work in progress.
- Opportunity to buy limited edition prints, ceramics, textiles or hand printed lampshades.
- Sketch books, including developmental work and artist’s proofs to understand the developmental process of printmaking.
- Refreshments available in the garden and toilet facilities.